IHG SURVEY UK BUSINESS TRAVEL
As we approach nearly a year of zoom-filled remote working and virtual events for many, it has been challenging for those who thrive on in-person connections.
The new UK survey from IHG Hotels & Resorts reveals 30% are feeling demotivated with the lack of business travel.
Of those surveyed in the UK, there’s an evident desire to resume business travel once it’s safe do so – with:
• Almost half (48%) saying business travel allows them to create more meaningful relationships with colleagues, customers and clients
• 40% of those surveyed confirming they miss face-to-face meetings
• More than a third (38%) saying business travel improves their overall mood and makes them more motivated
• A quarter (25%) saying business travel helps them work smarter
InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace
Aside from the in-person relationship building and increased productivity business travel provides – people miss getting away from the normal daily work routine most with:
• 46% saying that they missed being able to stay in a different city (with 21% miss being able to earn loyalty points)
• 34% said they missed staying in a comfy bed when they travelled for business (with 20% miss being able to order room service)
• 30% say they miss dining with clients/colleagues and 38% having some time/space to themselves
Regent Phu Quoc – Bar Jade
Understandably, remote work must continue to be the norm for many parts of the world for now, but as businesses think about how to combat virtual fatigue and safely resume business travel, the IHG Hotels & Resorts group is proud to offer robust safety and cleaning measures plus much-needed flexibility allowing people to Meet with Confidence.
Karin Sheppard, SVP, Managing Director for Europe at IHG Hotels & Resorts commented on the findings: “With so many looking forward to rebooking missed experiences, whether it’s travelling to spend time with family, a trip away with friends, or travelling for work – it’s evident that there’s a hunger for human connection again.
“We know travel may still look a little different this year, but we are committed to continue innovating and finding new ways to help people connect and experience our own backyard and beyond.
“So, when the world is ready to travel again, they can feel confident doing so with us.”
Sky Pool Villa (Regent Phu Quoc)
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies.
With nearly 6,000 hotels in over 100 countries, its family of 16 brands is a collection of welcoming experiences, for wherever guests go and however they want to stay.
Kimpton Naranta Bali